Sunday, January 18, 2009

All God's children by Thomas Eidson

I read this book while I was in the hospital with Caleb over Christmas. I usually read a lot of children's and Juvenile literature... however, this was an adult fiction book. I really enjoyed it! A review on amazon states: "It is a tale of true grit on the Kansas plains in the early 1890s--an unintentionally uproarious amalgam of 'To Kill a Mockingbird,' 'Friendly Persuasion,' and 'Les Misérables'...Eidson does convey the unshaken purity of Pearl's faith effectively, sometimes even movingly" I fell in love with each of the characters and their flaws. There were a few times when the black character, "prophet" uses some rough words, but I would still feel comfortable recommending this book to any of my friends!

1 comment:

arianne said...

I'll have to see if it's at the library . . .