Friday, July 17, 2009

What I've been reading this summer...

My televisions haven't been working very well this summer... so that means we all have more reasons to READ! I don't think we'll be fixing our TV reception any time soon...

Some of the books I've read over the past few weeks are:

The Shadow Children Series: I thought they were great page turners and a bit intense. They may be suitable for more mature readers.

The Septimus Heap Series: I love this series! Fans of Harry Potter will love these books!

Green Rider and it's sequel The Rider's Call: These books remind me a little bit of Lord of the Rings and have a lot of darker magic in them. They would be better for older and more mature readers.

The Penderwicks on Garden Street which is the sequel to The Penderwicks: I think these books are absolutely charming and suitable for ages 8 and up

Ever: Usually I really enjoy Gail Carson Levine, but I had a hard time connecting with this one.

Dragon Flight which is the sequel to Dragon Slippers. I love this trilogy and am currently reading the final book, Dragon Spear. I even met Jessica Day George at a book symposium and had all of my books signed!

I'd write more detailed reviews, but that will have to wait, my book is calling...
What are you reading this summer?

1 comment:

sgosney said...

I am sure you don't rememeber me, but I met you at the Prvo library last summer when you were there with your kids. I asked you about good books. So now i am the librarian here in Monument Valley, UT. We live on the Navajo reservation, and I just keep the school library open for people to come read after school hours and in the summer. i need to order more books, so I came to your blog. Thanks for recording what you love- I love to read too!