Friday, November 14, 2008

The Moonraker's Bride


Author: Madeleine Brent
age: 14+
I recently read this book and loved it! It was just the right balance of intriguing characters, an engaging mystery and a taste of romance. It was a great adventure that takes the main character, Lucy, across the world. I loved the many twists and turns and I thought the ending was very satisfying! The romance was downplayed and wasn't inappropriate at any time. This was so fun to read, and it reminded me just a little bit of Jane Eyre. The Moonraker's Bride is out of print so you'll need to take a trip to the library!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen! This has been a favorite of mine for many years! I also enjoy some of Madeline Brent's other books, although most of them have a little more intense scenes (mostly about abuse), therefore may not be as suitable for younger readers.